Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Internet is a Wonderful Place Full of Rainbows and Puppies

So, although officially it may seem like my brother is unemployed, he introduces himself as an 'internet entrepreneur'. He even has business cards! Yesterday at the bank when asked his title he said 'President' and after I, he, and the banker had a good laugh, he showed me his card for this company called Reducible Systems Inc. Apparently it's 'one of the first quantum computing companies'. I like to think he's full of shit, but I have no idea.

On a similar entrepreneurial note, today he's borrowing my car to go to lunch with someone interested in this domain name that he owns: http://www.mathissexy.com If you click on it, it will take you straight to my brother's homepage, which honestly is not that interesting, other than the fact that has a picture of him on it that prompted Courtney to comment on how we look a lot alike.


I did a search for 'math is sexy' on google, and came up with some interesting things, such as the blog at http://calculust.com/ which provided me with such interesting things as the holiday classic above entitled Present Parallel Universe, and the inspirational video below, which is corny, but whatever.



Also this quote:
"When you don’t create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability."

And finally, a great picture from the google image search for 'math is sexy':

So, my brother just got off the phone with said partner in his mathissexy.com venture, and apparently the lunch date is off: they talked about everything they needed to talk about over the phone. All I have to say about that is that I kept on hearing my brother say 'Algebra is for Lovers'.

No comments:

Post a Comment